Friday, April 12, 2013

My Life Plan: Journal Entry #9

...complete the part of your life plan for your role as a student.
My Dream: If you have a compelling dream, describe it here. If you're not sure what your dream is, you can simply write, "I'm searching."
My Life Role: Student
My Long-Term Goals in this Role: These are the outcomes you plan to achieve as a student in the next two to ten years, even longer if necessary.
My Short-Term Goals in this Role: These are the outcomes you plan to achieve as a student this semester; each one accomplished brings you closer to your long-term goals as a student. To begin your list of short-term goals, you can write the same Desired Outcomes that you chose in Journal Entry 8; then add other short-term goals as appropriate.
Remember to apply the DAPPS rule, making sure that each long-and short-term goals is Dated, Achievable, Personal, Positive, and Specific. With this in mind, you may need to revise the Desired Outcomes that you transfer here from Journal Entry 8.
If you wish, repeat this process for one or more of you other life roles: employee, parent, athlete, and so on. The more roles you plan, the more complete you vision of life will be. Taken together, these pages map your route to a rich, personally fulfilling life.
At this time you don't have to know how to achieve your goals and dreams, so don't even think about the method. All you need to know is what you want. In the following chapters, you'll learn dozens of powerful strategies for turning your life plan into reality. For now, keep your eye on your destination!

My Life Plan

My Dream: To help people but I am still searching for specifics.
My Life Role: Student
My Long-Term Goals in this Role: To graduate with honors and recognition, at the top of my class, with an Associates Degree by 2015, a Bachelor's by 2017, and a Master's by 2019.
My Short-Term Goals in this Role: Study for every quiz, test, and exam for College Algebra.
Apply myself everyday in College Algebra.
Stay focused on my Classes.
Study for every quiz, test, and exam in my Criminology Class.
Read every section thoroughly for my Criminology Class.
Ask questions when I need to without fear.
Learn 5 new study skills that could help me study better by September 31st.
Take at least one page of notes for every class I attend this coming semester.
Turn in every assignment on time this semester.
Give all assignments and projects my all this semester.

Write about what you have learned or relearned by designing your life plan. In particular, identify any impact this effort has had on your level of motivation to do well in college this semester, or do well in any other parts of your life.
Writing a life plan is an easy way to set goals. Setting goals can be difficult. If you just want to sit down and write goals you wish to accomplish just as a list of goals, yes, is possible but to identify what the role you wish to your goals in makes setting those goals much easier and more likely that you will follow through with all the goals you wish to accomplish. Makes them seem more real and sensible.
So coming soon is My Life Plan in My Life Role as a:
Daughter
Becoming Healthy
Employee
A Better Person
A Companion
Until Then ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment