Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Life Plan as a Daughter

My Life Plan

My Dream: I take care of my parents and show them the kindness and helpfulness they have shown me through the years. Reflection.
My Life Role: Daughter
My Long-Term Goals in this Role: Show more appreciation and respect to my parents. They are amazing people and they deserve to be treated that way. 
My Short-Term Goals in this Role: Call when I'm not coming home.
Help more with daily and weekly chores.
Stop sighing or rolling my eyes when I am told to do something.
Start listening more often to the things they have to say about life and life lessons.
Thank them every time they do something for me no matter how small or how big.
Participate more actively in conversation with them.
Take them out to dinner every once in a while.
Remember their anniversary.
Support them through their hardest moments.
Tell them how much I love them everyday.


If you can't tell, my parents mean the world to me. I have made a lot of mistakes in the past couple years and have put them through hell and back. At 21, my parents still offer their open door. They have lived it but the difference is they had to struggle and fight through it... something they don't wish upon me. On my last draw, (and trust me, I totally believe them) I am determined not to let them down. 
I remember when I was younger, they were always "well when I was young" or "back then" and I always used to argue it isn't then and you aren't young. Yes times have changed but the it was never about the times or the main subject of the story. It was always about the life lesson behind the story. Especially recently, I have been having those moments where I go to my mom and dad and I am like, you remember when you told me this... well, you were right.
Many kids, teens, and young adults I know for a fact always argue with their parents especially if the story starts with "well when I was young" or "back then" but really they should listen. Mom and pop aren't trying to compare your situation to theirs, they are trying to tell you that is a life lesson you are either going through or on the path of going through. LISTEN! It's the best thing you can do! I wish I would have been wise enough almost 4 years ago to open my ears and my mind wide to absorb the information that was trying to be taught to me. 
If you don't want to listen, you are going to feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment