Thursday, April 4, 2013

Journal Entry #5

Draw a line down the middle of a journal page. On the left side of the line, copy the ten Victim language statements found on the next page. On the right side of the line, translate the Victim statements into the words of a Creator. The two keys of Creator language are taking ownership of a problem and taking positive actions to solve it. When you respond as if you are responsible for a bad situation, then you are empowered to do something about it (unlike Victims, who must wait for someone else to solve their problems). 

Now, the Journal outline states draw a line and obviously I can't draw any lines on here. Sooo my alternative: the Victim language statements will be found in bold while the words of a Creator will be found in italics.

If they'd do something about the parking on campus, I wouldn't be so late.
I'm always late because I have to park so far away due to the population of the school. I'm going to start getting here earlier so I have enough time to make it to class with a few extra minutes to spare.

I'm failing my online class because the site is impossible to navigate.
I've been trying to navigate the online classroom for my class without reading the instructions given. I'll read the instructions and learn how to navigate the site step by step.

I'm too shy to ask questions in class even when I'm confused.
I find asking questions challenging due to how shy I am, so I'm going to ask my neighbors and classmates individually and then take the time to ask my instructor if I still don't understand.

She's a lousy instructor. That's why I failed the first test. 
I failed my first test. I'm going to ask more questions and if I need to, seek out a tutor to be able to pass the rest of my tests.

I hate group projects because people are lazy and I always end up doing most of the work.
I find group projects challenging so I am going to take charge, assign specific jobs to specific people that they will find fun, then tie up the loose ends of the project before turning it in. 

I wish I could write better but I just can't.
Writing is difficult for me so I am going to start visiting the writing lab every day in between classes.

My friend go me so angry that I can't even study for my exam.
My friend has me angry but my exam is more important. So I'm going to forget about my argument and focus on passing.

I'll try to do my best this semester.
To do my best this semester I will study more, ask as many questions as I have to, spend time with my instructor or a tutor, visit labs offered for my particular courses, use my resources wisely!

The financial aid form is too complicated to fill out.
The financial aid form is difficult to fill out  so I am going to head to the financial aid office to ask for assistance to fill the form out as best as possible.

I work nights so I didn't have time to do the assignments.
I work nights so I have to utilize all my free time to complete all my assignments.

Write what you have learned or relearned about how you use language: is it your habit to speak as a Victim or as a Creator? Do you find yourself more inclined to blame yourself, blame others, or seek solutions? Be sure to give examples. What is your goal  for language usage from now on? How, specifically, will you accomplish this goal? Your paragraph might begin, "While reading about and practicing creator language, I learned that I..."

You write your own future and create your own happiness. It's more than just in school. It is in life.
Also, if you repeat the same thing over and over again, you will get the same results.
You must sit back and look at the bigger picture. Analyze the situation. See what is going on and lay it out in front of you. Then relate to it. Majority of the time says you can relate to the situation or experience. Explain the feeling from before. Remember how everything worked out prior. Then find a solution.
I have a habit to speak as a Victim and a Defender but lack my Creator. For someone such as myself, I have always been a negative person but I can get to a positive state of mind. What will bring me down is the way I talk to myself. Criticizing and defending myself seems like a solution but it gets me no where but having the same actions over and over and over. And I am OVER it!
Change! And the only way I accomplish change is to make wise decisions. And the only way to make wise decisions is to create goals and solutions rather than acting on impulse and having fun in the moment. I have more to think about than the one and only present. But the one and only future is very important. Because you do only get one and only one. To be able to say "This is what I am going to do and this is how I am going to do it" is so refreshing. To believe in it though, to know I am going to do it is the best part.
I will become a Creator. Because a Creator creates their own future, their own success, and their own happiness. The three things I strive for most.

No comments:

Post a Comment