Friday, April 5, 2013

Journal Entry #6

Write the six questions of the Wise Choice Process and answer each one as it relates to your situation.
The Wise Choice Process:
1. What's my present situation? (Describe the problem objectively and completely.)
I always make the same decisions over and over again. Every time I make the decisions, I hope for the best outcomes. When the outcomes are revealed, they always turn out to be the same. Bad. I never seem to learn my lesson the first time and always want to self indulge in immediate pleasure or reduce immediate discomfort. This makes me upset, frustrated, and negative.
2. How would I like my situation to be? (What is your ideal future outcome?)
I want my situation to be successful. I want to make the right decisions. Put myself in situations to meet the right people. Stay positive and happy all the time. Find a great career that I enjoy. Raise a wonderful and beautiful family. Live a life of glory and stay strong. Graduate from college. Pursue all my Opportunities.
3. What are my possible choices? (Create a long list of specific choices that might create your preferred outcome.)
Go for a run.
Talk to people who care.
Attend every day of school and finish every assignment
Work hard
Stay focused.
Appreciate what I already have.
Let go of the past.
Stop judging myself.
Become involved with a charity program or some volunteer work.
Study on a regular basis.
Spend more time with my family.
Participate in more recreational activities.
Stay home and read a chapter instead of going out for a few drinks.
Become open to change.
Believe in myself.
Stay busy and actively participate in productive activities.
Stop worrying about what other people think.
4. What's the likely outcome of each possible choice? (If you can't predict the likely outcome of an option, stop and gather more information.)
Go for a run: relieves all stress and leaves me with a clear mind, especially when I get into the routine of running on a regular basis.
Talk to people who care: more or  less people who will take the time to listen. When you can vent to others about the things going through your head that are making it hard to focus, it is relieving.
Attend every day of school and finish every assignment: everyday of school is very important because you learn something new every day. When you begin to miss a lot of class, you miss a lot of learning. Also, finishing every assignment, required or not, is important as well because practice makes perfect. Apply myself.
Work hard: will keep my brain on point and perceptive to be able to accomplish all goals I set my mind to.
Stay focused: very similar to working hard. When you stay focused, anything you do seems more easy to accomplish.
Appreciate what I already have: creates happiness. When you long for more and more and more, you become the person who is never happy.
Let go of the past: will stop judging myself and will be able to take action towards change.
Stop judging myself: similar to letting go of the past, once I stop judging myself, letting go of the past becomes easier where I won't hold grudges anymore and I will move towards my success.
Become involved with a charity program or some volunteer work: will make myself feel better and more productive. Always great to  do something that makes you feel like a better person so why not reach out a hand to those in need.
Study on a regular basis: Will improve my skills in classes and subjects as well as keep my grades up and at successful rates.
Spend more time with my family: similar to appreciating what you already have. You only have one family and it is always my mom, my dad, and me. Quality time with them always makes me feel better and helps keep me on the right path.
Participate in more recreational activities: will fill up my open slots in my agenda where I can't make any decisions of boredom that could jeopardize my future.
Stay home and read a chapter instead of going out for a couple drinks: in turn will prevent me from drinking and driving as well as keep my brain active and free of negativity.
Become open to change: change brings possibilities and I want to see possibilities and not the same thing, situation, or options.
Believe in myself: Key to change and success. Thomas the Chu-Chu Train- "I think I can, I think I can." But Kelsey Marie- "I know I can. I know I can."
Stay busy and actively participate in productive activities: Once again, the busier your stay, the less free time you have. The less free time you have, the less time you have to make the same negative decisions to kill your boredom.
Stop worrying about what other people think: it isn't about everyone else. It is about me. My future. My success. When I stop worrying about what other people think, that is going to open up some room to create more focus on me.
5. Which choices will I commit to doing? (Pick from your list in step 3.)
In order as if I was putting one foot in front of the other. One step at a time.
My #1's:
Go for a run
Stop judging myself
Become open to change
Believe in myself
Stop worrying about what other people think.
Let go of the past
Stay focused
My #2's:
Talk to people who care
Appreciate what I already have
Spend more time with my family
My #3's:
Attend everyday of school and finish every assignment
Work hard
Stay focused
Study on a regular basis
Stay home and read a chapter instead of going out for a few drinks
My #4's:
Become involved with a charity program or volunteer work
Participate in more recreational activities
Stay busy and actively participate in productive activities
6. When and how will I evaluate my plan? (Identify specifically the date and criteria by which you will determine the success of your plan.)
My number ones and number twos are my main focus as of now. School doesn't start until August unless I can fit in one class this summer, which is exactly what I am currently working on. If capable of enrolling into a  class for the summer, it will work out perfectly because that gives me sometime to adjust to working, going to school, and staying busy and focused. When I am still going strong come fall semester then I will know if my plan is working.
If I have to wait until fall semester before I can begin school, my focus will be on my number ones, twos, and fours. Then come end of my fall semester, when I am doing well, I will know that my plan is working.
To know my plan is working, I will be:
Focused and active.
On a very strict yet relaxing schedule.
Maintaining my grades
Completing every assignment and attending everyday of school
Volunteering at a children home or working for Give Kids the World
Most of all though, I will be happy and positive.
That, my dear ones, is how you really know I am on the right path and being successful. I have a light in my eye. It isn't shining yet. Oh no, it sure isn't buuuut... it will be! ;-)
Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment